660th Tank Destroyer Battalion

Unit History:  Formed on Apr. 17, 1943, at Camp Bowie, TX.  Battalion served as Tank Destroyer Center School Troops from May 7, 1943, until Feb. 18, 1944, when they were assigned to the Replacement and School Command.  Personnel also transferred to the 201st Infantry.  The unit was disbanded on May 25, 1944, at Camp Carson, CO.

Combat Equipment:  N/A

Commanding Officers:  Unknown

Code Name/s:  N/A

Campaign Credits:   Continental U.S. Service Only

Awards:  None

Additional Information/Materials

1.)  Miscellaneous Documents-from the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum and Boyhood Home, Abilene, Kansas.

        Special Order #105, May 1, 1943...................................1 Page