846th Tank Destroyer Battalion (AA)

Unit History:  Formed on Dec. 15, 1941, at Camp Livingston, LA, as a Heavy Self-Propelled unit.  Unit was disbanded on Dec. 13, 1943, at Camp Swift, TX and its personnel transferred to the VIII Corps of the Third Army.  The 846th was a unit comprised of black enlisted men and mostly white officers.

Combat Equipment:  N/A

Commanding Officers:  Lt. Col. Charles E. Glover;  Major Irons;  Lt. Col. Mains;  Major James B. Napier

Code Name/s:  N/A

Campaign Credits:   Continental U.S. Service Only

Awards:  None

Additional Information/Materials:

The following documents are all that were available from the National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, Maryland.

1.)  Miscellaneous Documents

          General Orders #72, Unit Assignments, July 21, 1943....2 Pages

          Various Documents, 1942..........................................17 Pages (Includes promotions)

          Various Documents, 1943..........................................10 Pages (Includes promotions)