14th Tank Destroyer Group

Unit History:  Unit was activated at Camp Bowie, TX on Mar. 13, 1943.  The unit moved to Camp Hood, TX, on May 15, 1943, and then to Camp Phillips, KS, on Aug 21, 1943, and were assigned to the XI Corps.  They then moved to the Tennessee Maneuver Area on Nov. 10, 1943, as part of Second Army.  They were then transferred to Camp Campbell, KY, on Jan. 15, 1944, and attached to XX Corps and then the XXII Corps on Jan. 25, 1944.  Deactivated there on May 20, 1944.  Attached/Supported: Second Army, XI Corps, XX and XXII Corps. Information gathered from WWII Order of Battle by Shelby L. Stanton.

Combat Equipment:  N/A

Commanding Officers:  Maddox

Code Name/s:  N/A

Campaign Credits:   Continental U.S. Service Only

Awards:  None

Additional Information/Materials:

    1.)   Miscellaneous Documents-from the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum, Abilene, Kansas.

             Special Orders #105, May 1, 1943................................1 Page