Unit History: Unit was activated at Camp Bowie, TX on Mar. 20, 1943. The unit moved to Camp Hood, TX, on May 20, 1943, and then to Camp Cooke, CA, on Sep. 17, 1943, assigned to the II Armored Corps. They then moved to the California-Arizona Maneuver Area on Jan. 23, 1944. Transferred to Camp Gruber, OK, on Mar. 18, 1944, and attached to XVI Corps and then the XXXVI Corps on Jul. 17, 1944. Deactivated there on Aug. 25, 1944. Attached/Supported: II Armored, XVI and XXXVI Corps. Information gathered from WWII Order of Battle by Shelby L. Stanton.
Combat Equipment: N/A
Commanding Officers: Lt. Col. Edgar A. O'Hair (3/20/43), Lt. Col. Fred B. Lyle
Code Name/s: N/A
Campaign Credits: Continental U.S. Service Only
1.) Miscellaneous Documents-from the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum, Abilene, Kansas.