24th Tank Destroyer Group

Unit History:  Unit was activated at Camp Hood, TX on Jun. 19, 1943 and attached to XXIII Corps on Feb. 18, 1944 and Fourth Army on Sep. 19, 1944. The unit was deactivated on Dec. 23, 1944.  Attached/Supported: Fourth Army and XXIII Corps. Information gathered from WWII Order of Battle by Shelby L. Stanton.

Combat Equipment:  N/A

Commanding Officers:  Lt. Col. Chester E. Sargent (Original CO), Lt. Col. Ringsdorf (1/7/44), Col. Earl Bacon (9/8/44)

Code Name/s:  Unknown

Campaign Credits:   Continental U.S. Service Only

Awards:  None

Additional Information/Materials: