The following reference materials played a large part in providing information about my father's unit but also in giving me a much greater understanding of WWII and the men and women that served. When I started my research, I really did not have a good understanding of anything relating to these subjects. Now that I know how much research is required to write a good document on any subject, I take my hat off to the authors that have taken their time to preserve and document such a critical time in world history.
More Articles ...
- Messengers of the Lost Battalion by Gregory Orfalea
- US Tank and Tank Destroyer Battalions in the ETO 1944-45 by Steven J. Zaloga
- Finding Your Father's War by Jonathan Gawne
- World War II Order of Battle by Shelby L. Stanton
- Pictorial Guide to U.S. Anti-Tank and Tank Destroyer Memorabilia by Paul B. Stevens